How to Fix Error 0x80000003: The main cause of the Error 0x80000003 is corrupted Windows Registry…
How to fix 502 Bad Gateway Error
This error occurs because the server acting as gateway or proxy tried to access the main server to fulfil the request has received an invalid or no response at all. Sometimes empty or incomplete headers caused by broken connections or server-side issues can cause Error 502 Bad Gateway when accessed via a gateway or proxy.
According to the RFC 7231 , 502 Bad Gateway is an HTTP status code defined as
The 502 (Bad Gateway) status code indicates that the server, while acting as a gateway or proxy, received an invalid response from an inbound server it accessed while attempting to fulfil the request.
Different types of 502 Bad Gateway error you might see:
- 502 Bad Gateway
- HTTP Error 502 – Bad Gateway
- 502 Service Temporarily Overloaded
- Error 502
- 502 Proxy Error
- HTTP 502
- 502 Bad Gateway NGINX
- Twitter overcapacity is actually a 502 Bad Gateway error
- Windows Update fails due to 502 error displays WU_E_PT_HTTP_STATUS_BAD_GATEWAY
- Google displays Server error or just 502
You have no control over 502 error as they are server-side, but sometimes your browser is tricked into displaying it, so there are few troubleshooting steps you might try to fix the issue.
How to fix 502 Bad Gateway Error
Make sure to create a restore point just in case something goes wrong.
Method 1: Reload the Web Page
If you’re not able to visit a particular web page because of 502 Bad Gateway Error, then do wait for a few minutes before again trying to access the website. A simple reload after waiting for a minute or so can fix this issue without any problem. Use Ctrl + F5 to reload the web page as it bypasses the cache and again checks if the issue is resolved or not.
If the above step didn’t help, it might be a great idea to close everything you’re working on and restart your browser. Then again the same website which was giving you 502 Bad Gateway Error and see if you were able to fix the error if not then continue to the next method.
Method 2: Try another browser
It might be possible that there are some issues with your current browser, so it’s always a good idea to try another browser to visit the same web page again. If the issue is resolved, you have to re-install your browser to resolve the error permanently, but if you are still facing the 502 Bad Gateway Error, then it’s not a browser-related issue.
Method 3: Clear Browser’s Cache
If none of the above methods worked, then we suggest you try using other browsers to see if the Fix 502 Bad Gateway Error is exclusive to Chrome only. If it is, then you should try clearing all the saved browsing data of your Chrome browser. Now follow the given steps to clear your browsing data:
1. First, click on the three dots on the top right corner of the browser window and select Settings. You can also type chrome://settings in the URL bar.
2. When the Settings tab opens, scroll to the bottom and expand the Advanced Settings section.
3. Under the Advanced section, find the Clear browsing data option under Privacy and security section.
4. Click on the Clear browsing data option and select “All time” in the Time range dropdown. Check all the boxes and click on Clear Data button.
When the browsing data is cleared, close, and relaunch the Chrome browser and see if the error is gone.
Method 4: Start your Browser in Safe Mode
Windows Safe Mode is a different thing don’t confuse with it and don’t start your Windows in safe mode.
1. Make a shortcut of Chrome icon on the desktop and right-click then select properties.
2. Select the Target field and type –incognito at the end of the command.
3. Click OK and then try to open your Browser with this shortcut.
4. Now try to visit the website and see if you can fix 502 Bad Gateway Error.
Method 5: Disable Unnecessary Extensions
If you’re able to fix your issue via the above method, then you need to disable unnecessary extensions to resolve the issue permanently.
1. Open Chrome and then navigate to Settings.
2. Next, select Extension from the left-hand side menu.
3. Make sure to disable and delete all the unnecessary Extensions.
4. Restart your Browser, and the error may have gone away.
Method 6: Disable Proxy
Use of proxy servers is the most common cause of Fix 502 Bad Gateway Error. If you are using a proxy server, then this method is surely going to help you. All that you need to do is disable the proxy settings. You can do so easily by unchecking a few boxes in the LAN settings under your computer’s Internet Properties section. Just follow the given steps if you do not know how to do it:
1. First, open the RUN dialog box by pressing the Windows Key + R simultaneously.
2. Type inetcpl.cpl in the input area and click OK.
3. Your screen will now show the Internet Properties window. Switch to the Connections tab and click on LAN settings.
4. A new LAN settings window will pop up. Here, it would be helpful if you unchecked the Use a proxy server for your LAN option.
5. Also, make sure to checkmark Automatically detect settings. Once done, click on the OK button.
Restart your computer to apply the changes. Launch Chrome and check if the Fix 502 Bad Gateway Error is gone. We are sure that this method would have worked, but if it didn’t, move on and try the next method that we have mentioned below.
Method 7: Change DNS Settings
The point here is, you need to set the DNS to automatically detect IP address or set a custom address given by your ISP. Fix 502 Bad Gateway Error arises when neither of the settings has been set. In this method, you need to set your computer’s DNS address to the Google DNS server. Follow the given steps to do so:
1. Right-click the Network icon available on the right side of your taskbar panel. Now click on the Open Network & Sharing Center option.
2. When the Network and Sharing Center window opens, click on the currently connected network here.
3. When you click on the connected network, the WiFi status window will pop up. Click on the Properties button.
4. When the property window pops up, search for Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) in the Networking section. Double click on it.
5. Now the new window will show if your DNS is set to automatic or manual input. Here you have to click on the Use the following DNS server addresses option. And fill the given DNS address on the input section:
6. Check the Validate settings upon exit box and click OK.
Now close all windows and launch Chrome to check if you’re able to Fix 502 Bad Gateway Error.
Method 8: Flush DNS and Reset TCP/IP
1. Right-click on Windows Button and select “ Command Prompt(Admin) .”
2. Now type the following command and press Enter after each one:
3. Again, open Admin Command Prompt and type the following and hit enter after each one:
4. Reboot to apply changes. Flushing DNS seems to Fix 502 Bad Gateway Error.
- Fix Error Code 0x8007000D when trying to activate Windows
- How to Fix Application Error 523
- Fix We couldn’t update the system reserved partition
- Fix The application failed to initialize properly
That’s it you have successfully fixed 502 Bad Gateway Error, but if you still have any queries regarding this article, then please feel free to ask them in the comment’s section.