How to Fix Error 0x80000003: The main cause of the Error 0x80000003 is corrupted Windows Registry…
Fix No Audio Output Device Is Installed Error
Whenever you point your cursor towards the volume/sound icon in the notification area, it shows a red X on the icon with a wired error “No Audio Output Device is Installed.” The main cause of this error is corrupted audio drivers or possible corruption of Windows files. But the problem is not limited to only these causes. A malware infection might have disabled audio services, so you see there are various reasons because No Audio Output Device Is Installed Error can occur.
You won’t be able to hear any sound from your system because of this error, and when you try to run the sound or audio troubleshooter, it will simply show ‘Troubleshooting couldn’t identify the problem.‘ This issue is becoming annoying as the Windows troubleshooter which is supposed to do its job in fixing the error says it couldn’t identify the problem. That’s how the Windows usually works. Without wasting any time, we will list all the methods through which this issue can be fixed.
Now before trying all the below-listed methods, make sure Windows Audio Services are running. If you don’t know how to check that, refer to this guide to enable Windows Audio Services.
Fix No Audio Output Device Is Installed Error
Make sure to create a restore point just in case something goes wrong.
Method 1: Update Audio Drivers
1. Press Windows Key + R then type Devmgmt.msc and hit enter to open Device Manager.
2. Expand Sound, video, and game controllers and right-click on your Audio Device then select Enable (If already enabled then skip this step).
2. If your audio device is already enabled then right-click on your Audio Device then select Update Driver Software.
3. Now select “Search automatically for updated driver software” and let the process finish.
4. If it wasn’t able to update your graphic card, then again select Update Driver Software.
5. This time, select “Browse my computer for driver software.“
6. Next, select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.”
7. Select the appropriate driver from the list and click Next.
8. Let the process complete and then restart your PC.
9. Alternatively, go to your manufacturer’s website and download the latest drivers.
See if you’re able to Fix No Audio Output Device is Installed error, if not then continue.
Method 2: Use Add legacy to install drivers to support older Sound Card
1. Press Windows Key + R then type devmgmt.msc and hit enter to open Device Manager.
2. In Device Manager, select Sound, video and game controllers and then click on Action > Add legacy hardware.
3. On the Welcome to Add Hardware Wizard click Next.
4. Click Next, select ‘Search for and install the hardware automatically (Recommended).’
5. If the wizard did not find any new hardware, then click Next.
6. On the next screen, you should see a list of hardware types.
7. Scroll down till you find Sound, video and game controllers option then highlight it and click Next.
8. Now select the Manufacturer and the model of the sound card and then click Next.
9. Click Next to install the device and then click Finish once the process is complete.
10. Reboot your system to save changes.
Method 3: Uninstall Realtek High Definition Audio Driver
1. Press Windows Key + X then select Control Panel.
2. Click on Uninstall a Program and then search for Realtek High Definition Audio Driver entry.
3. Right-click on it and select Uninstall.
4. Restart your PC and open Device Manager.
5. Click on Action then “Scan for hardware changes.”
6.Your system will automatically install the Realtek High Definition Audio Driver again.
Again check if you’re able to Fix No Audio Output Device is Installed error, if not then continue with the next method.
Method 4: System Restore
When none of the above methods works to resolve the error, then System Restore can definitely help you fix this error. So without wasting any time run system restore to Fix No Audio Output Device Is Installed Error.
Method 5: Repair Install Windows 10
This method is the last resort because if nothing works out, then, this method will surely repair all problems with your PC. Repair Install using an in-place upgrade to repair issues with the system without deleting user data present on the system. So follow this article to see How to Repair Install Windows 10 Easily.
You may also like:
- How to fix Headphones not working in Windows 10
- Fix Failed to Play Test Tone Error
- How to fix Audio services not responding in Windows 10
- Fix Install Realtek HD Audio Driver Failure Error
If you have followed every step according to this guide, then you Fix No Audio Output Device Is Installed Error but if you still have any queries regarding this post feel free to ask them in the comment’s section.